Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Installing Student Version Matlab in 64-bit Ubuntu

Since I had to hack my way to find what was required, I decided to post the things you'll need to do in order to make this work: - Install package ia32-utils (sudo apt-get install ia32-utils) - Link the libc.so.6 to /lib/libc.so.6 (sudo ln -s /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 /lib/libc.so.6) - Run the install program using sh (sh install.sh). You may need root access depending on where you want to install it. - The activation process is likely going to fail. You can activate your copy by running from the matlab root (sh bin/activate_matlab.sh -javadir sys/java/jre/glnx86/jre/) - Every time you want to run matlab you'll have to run using the flag -glnx86. Since I use bash, I created an alias (alias matlab='~/matlab/bin/matlab -glnx86').

No comments:

Post a Comment